Reconstruction of the monument of urban planning and architecture on the street. Deribasovskaya, 29 in Odessa (hotel “Bolshaya Moskovskaya”). Restoration of facades with the recreation of existing and now lost decorative elements.
The building is divided into 3 main functional areas: a hotel, retail premises, bars and restaurants.
Hotel “Bolshaya Moskovskaya” is a four-storey building with an attic and a basement. The building in the plan repeats the shape of the land and was built of red brick. The planning composition is based on the sectional corridor scheme. The center of the composition is a wide three-flight marble staircase facing the lobby. On the eve of the 1917 revolution, the hotel had only 75 rooms, but their quality was not inferior to the quality of the rooms of other first-class hotels in the city. The building of the hotel “Bolshaya Moskovskaya”, designed by the famous Odessa architect L. Vlodek, is the most striking example of the Art Nouveau architectural style in the development of Odessa. The design of the Bolshaya Moskovskaya facades impresses with its imagination, picturesqueness and plasticity. Due to the variety of shapes of window openings, large planes of shop windows on the ground floor, lightness and movement are created, so inherent in the Art Nouveau style, and the change in the pattern of the balcony railing sets off and emphasizes the picturesque stucco decoration. The whole wide range of decorative elements splashed out on the facade is connected by one idea – the triumph of the god of trade Mercury. It was his masks with wings on a helmet and caduceus that once adorned the planes of wide pilasters at the level of the second floor, and the masks crowning the corner pilasters of the building symbolized his beloved Hers. Thanks to the originality of the forms, expressiveness of the composition, the building of the hotel “Bolshaya Moskovskaya” has become one of the most interesting architectural objects in the development of Deribasovskaya Street.
The building was built in 1898-1899, architect L.L. Vlodek sculptors T.L. Fishel and S.I. Milman.
The restoration and reconstruction project is carried out according to the Archproject-MDM project. Chief architect – D.M. Povstanyuk.